New sandwich company Breadless has established its unique menu on Detroit's Eastside near the Riverfront. True to its name, Breadless offer sandwiches without the bread, instead using a healthy, low-carb leaf to package fillings. Leaves such as Swiss chard and kale are grown at nearby vertical farm Planted Detroit. They are hiring Cashiers and Sandwich Makers, as well as a variety of managerial tiers. Breadless are "Technologically... the Silicon Valley of sandwich spots" according to Detroit Free Press.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Food Health & Safety: The measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure food is fit to eat, i.e the protection of consumer health, by protecting food from anything that could cause harm.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Teamwork: Being able to work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meet your personal responsibilities within your role.
- Superfood Washing: Washing green leaves to ensure their long-term freshness.
- POS: Knowledge of Point-of-Sale systems and ability to handle while dealing with a customer. Delivering clear communication and upselling can be part of this. Example systems for Hospitality & Retail include Snapscan, Revel and Square.
Pay & Shifts
- From $13 per hour (tips on top)
- Weekend and Closing shifts are needed
2760 Larned Street (Google Maps)
Connect on LinkedIn to update and optimise your profile