An Argentinian-inspired Barda from Javier Bardauil has drawn a crowd since opening in 2020 in a renovated radiator shop. Set in a stunning quarter developed in Core City north of Corktown, Barda's ambitious dishes and bar menu are distinct and popular. To advance a career in hospitality - whether that's front of house, sous chef or starting at dishwasher - look no further.
More context: Detroit Free Press Review
Skills you'll develop
- Greeting Guests: Welcoming guests and customers in a way that makes their presence acknowledged, ready to serve their needs or queries.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Taking Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Accepting Payments: Efficiently take card or cash payments from customers in a controlled and trustworthy way, being sure to offer an optional receipt. Some contactless cards may require pin entry for different merchants, which can also be a safety check imposed by the card provider.
4842 Grand River Avenue (Google Maps)