First Mile is a waste management company in London that specialises in the collection and recycling of waste. They provide efficient and sustainable waste disposal solutions to businesses and residents in the city. First Mile collects various types of waste, including paper, cardboard, plastics, and food waste, and ensures that it is recycled or disposed of responsibly, helping to reduce landfill waste and promote environmental sustainability.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Road Safety: Observing the rules of the road and knowing how to mitigate problems and drive with care, especially when using a company vehicle with visible branding.
- Waste & Recycling Logistics: Coordinating with waste and recycling companies to arrange collection, knowing how to notify for express collection when recyclable materials unexpectedly exceed storage amounts.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
- E-Vehicle Charging: Understand the charging frequency of different vehicles and the time it takes to re-charge a battery before it's used again on the road.
Pay & Holiday
- Salary: £31,000 per year with 28 days annual leave per year
Central London collection