The Financial Times, a leading global business newspaper, traces its roots to 1888 when it was launched as the London Financial Guide. It quickly established itself as a reliable source of financial news for the City of London, and in 1893 adopted its distinctive pink paper format. The FT merged with its rival, the Financial News, in 1945, becoming the preeminent business publication in the UK. In 1957, Pearson acquired a controlling stake in the FT, and under its stewardship, the newspaper expanded its global reach, becoming a respected voice in the international financial community. Today, the FT publishes daily editions in English, German, and Chinese, and its website attracts over 2 million unique visitors each month.
Skills you'll develop
- Taking Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Record Keeping: Understand the steps and timing for keeping accurate, organised records to log processes and share progress updates with other team members.
- Bookkeeping: Monitor office expenditures, handle utility and sercice contracts and update the accounting system.
- Inventory Management: Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders, reviewing and entering purchase agreements
- Meeting Preparation: Support in the preparation for meetings including printing materials, confirming meetings, sending out meeting logistics, and call information.
- Oral Expression: Being able to communicate clearly in a busy, fast-paced environment. Ensuring orders from customers are recorded correctly and options eloquently provided to guests, then choices passed to colleagues in an efficient way.
Pay & Shifts
- £26,625 per annum (rising to £27,840 on successful completion of probationary period)
- Must be willing to work some Saturday mornings
Bracken House, 1 Friday Street, London, EC4M 9BT