The prestigious Detroit Institute of Arts is hiring a security officer. This position serves as a member of the team of professionals responsible for maintaining life safety, protecting the collection, and providing exemplary “security as a service” to all visitor and staff at the museum.
Skills you'll develop
- Patrol the museum to prevent theft, vandalism, hazard, or threat.
- Take immediate action to mitigate hazards and threats within the limits of policy, procedure.
- Using Office 365 - Microsoft products for communicating with team
- Screen persons and parcels upon entry and exit into the museum to identify suspicious
- Customer service
- High school diploma or GED required
- College coursework is preferred. Experience in the security field is preferred.
- Ability to work varied shifts in a 24/7/365 operation, including days, afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, overtime assignments and training sessions.
- Possess or be able to achieve and maintain CPR certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Possess and exhibit excellent customer service skills, with the ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and professionally with leadership, peers, other museum staff and the public at all times.
$15 per hour. Progression not indicated
5200 Woodward Avenue (Google Maps)
Need help building a resume? Email email@example.com