GAILS's is a London-based bakery and cafe chain that specialises in handmade bread, pastries, sandwiches, and coffee. The company was founded in 2005 and now has over 20 locations across the city. GAIL's uses high-quality ingredients and traditional techniques to produce a wide range of artisanal baked goods which surged in appeal during the pandemic.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
Various - usually with good public transport links