The Royal Mail is a the state postal service company based in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1516 and holds the responsibility of collecting, sorting, and delivering mail throughout the country. The Royal Mail operates a comprehensive network of post offices and postal routes, providing mail services to individuals, businesses, and organizations across the UK.
Skills you'll develop
- Punctuality: Showing up on time for your shift, ready to work behind the bar at the shift start time. Planning how to get to work and being able to navigate city transit are key factors in getting to work on time.
- Time Management: Managing time efficiently to execute tasks on time and co-ordinate with team members.
- Road Safety: Observing the rules of the road and knowing how to mitigate problems and drive with care, especially when using a company vehicle with visible branding.
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
- General Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 32lbs / 15kg.
- Reporting: Identifying and logging accidents and near-miss incidents in the warehouse, with the goal of reducing events in the future.
- Deliver Mail: Follow a route and ensure that all mail is dropped in the correct mailboxes.
£11.59 per hour