The White Feather Coffee Co. was founded in 2016 by Holly Buckingham, who started selling locally roasted coffee and freshly baked cakes from the back of a Citreon 2CV called Matilda. They now have four sites in Bridgwater and since November 2022, also on Platform 2 at Bath Spa Station.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
Bath Spa Station, Platform 2