Hotel du Vin offer stylish, upscale accommodation in city and town centre locations. The hotel company is known for its boutique style and historic buildings, with each hotel featuring a unique character and charm. They have two properties in Bristol - one in the city and the other at Avon Gorge.
Skills you'll develop
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Short-Term Memory: Ability to remembering recipes, customers as well as their orders.
- Cleaning Surfaces: Using certified hygiene products to clean surfaces, also ensuring that smear marks aren't shown.
- POS: Knowledge of Point-of-Sale systems and ability to handle while dealing with a customer. Delivering clear communication and upselling can be part of this. Example systems for Coffee include Snapscan, Revel and Square.
- Multitasking: The ability to perform more than one task at the same time.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Active Listening: Listening to someone and understanding what they want, while being careful not to interrupt them as they communicate their points.
£13.50 per hour including Tronc