The City Carrier Assistant (CCA) at USPS is one of a range of roles that are vital to the way Michigan and America operate. In this role carriers deliver and collect mail on foot or by vehicle in a city area. Candidates that enjoy staying active outdoors with occasional customer service interactions. There are vacancies in Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Holland, Bangor, Menominee, Hastings, Jenison.
Skills you'll develop
- Punctuality: Showing up on time for your shift, ready to work behind the bar at the shift start time. Planning how to get to work and being able to navigate city transit are key factors in getting to work on time.
- Time Management: Managing time efficiently to execute tasks on time and co-ordinate with team members.
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
- General Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 32lbs / 15kg.
- Reporting: Identifying and logging accidents and near-miss incidents in the warehouse, with the goal of reducing events in the future.
- Deliver Mail: Follow a route and ensure that all mail is dropped in the correct mailboxes.
The video below does a good job conveying the work environment and the realities of the job. Individual responsibility and being beyond micro-management are two key pillars of the workflow, combined with the logistics of being about town in all weather conditions.
Pay & Shifts
Starting at $19.33 per hour
Need help with your CV? Email email@example.com