The Hoxton is a chain of boutique hotels founded in London in 2006, now with properties in Amsterdam, Paris, Williamsburg, New York and Portland, Oregon. It offers stylish and affordable accommodation with a focus on local experiences and personalised service. Each hotel has a unique design, reflecting the local culture and history of its location, operating within the holding company, Ennismore.
In November 2022, The Hoxton opened a fourth London location in Shepherd's Bush - 237 bedrooms. They're now hiring for a variety of roles including Linen Porters and Room Attendants.
Skills you'll develop
- Attention to Detail: Notice small details that may negatively impact customer experience and overall satisfaction.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Inventory Management: To be responsible for the stocking of linen and housekeeping supplies on guest floors and in stores, and to ensure that these storage areas are clean and well maintained.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Digital Literacy: Knowing how to use digital devices and remembering how to navigate between applications to find information and communicate with the team.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Handling Deliveries: Checking the quality and quantity of items delivered to the warehouse, restaurant or hotel, taking note of discrepancies.
- COSHH: Handling and storing cleaning materials correctly according to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health COSHH regulations.
- £13 per hour
65 Shepherd's Bush Green (Google Maps)
Connect on LinkedIn to update and optimise your profile