The Dusty Knuckle is a bakery and social enterprise based in London that provides employment and training opportunities for young people who have faced barriers to work. They offer a range of baked goods made from scratch, using locally sourced ingredients, and also run various community initiatives to promote social inclusion and support local food charities.
The team is made of bakers, packers, chefs, managers, baristas, Front of House, delivery staff, food enthusiasts, kitchen porters and teachers. Paid training is a cornerstone for the the business, which opened a second site in 2001.
Skills you'll develop
- Baking Bread: Mixing flour, water, yeast, and other ingredients to create a dough, then kneading and shaping it before baking it in an oven.
- Time Management: The ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Baking Cakes: Mixing ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, and butter to create a batter, then baking it in an oven.
- Food Safety: The measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure food is fit to eat, i.e the protection of consumer health, by protecting food from anything that could cause harm.
From £23,000 - £28,000 per year
Connect on LinkedIn to update and optimise your profile