Greggs is a bakery chain in England that specialises in savoury and sweet baked goods, sandwiches, and coffee. With over 2,000 locations, Greggs is a popular fast food option for breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the country. They offer a range of pastries such as sausage rolls, steak bakes, and pasties, as well as sweet treats like doughnuts and cakes. In recent years, Greggs has also introduced a range of vegan options, including sausage rolls and steak bakes, to cater to the growing demand for plant-based options.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- POS: Knowledge of Point-of-Sale systems and ability to handle while dealing with a customer. Delivering clear communication and upselling can be part of this. Example systems for Coffee include Snapscan, Revel and Square.
- Mitigating Hazards: Identifying trip hazards, low-lying ropes and slippery surfaced and responding to ensure that people can move safely around them.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg using safe, correct technique.
- Movement & Mobility: Ability to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
Connect on LinkedIn to update and optimise your profile