Founded in 2013 by Jez and Libby Nelson, and Mike and Xochitl Castrillo, Brixton Brewery is now a South London instutition and Living Wage Employer. The original brewery was located in a railway arch on Brixton Station Road in London, with the street name credited in August 2013 when their debut Coldharbour Lager was released. Following a part-purchase by Heineken in 2017, Brixton expanded their production beyond the railways arch to Milkwood Road (se24), maintaining their South London heritage.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Pouring Pints: Using a 45° angle to pour a pint of beer, being careful to manage foam according to local custom.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Handling Cash: Accurately managing customer payments and change.
£11.95 per hour
Arch 548 Brixton Station Road, SW9 (Google Maps)