Part of the John Lewis Partnership (JLP), Waitrose is a British supermarket chain founded in 1904. It is known for offering high-quality food products, with a focus on fresh and locally-sourced ingredients. Waitrose operates more than 300 stores across the UK, with an online shopping service available for home delivery or pick up. It also has a loyalty program called "myWaitrose."
They're hiring Supermarket Assistants in London, individuals passionate to meet their high standards and present produce to customers.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Mitigating Hazards: Identifying trip hazards, low-lying ropes and slippery surfaced and responding to ensure that people can move safely around them.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg using safe, correct technique.
- Movement & Mobility: Ability to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
£11.72 per hour
Looking to optimise your LinkedIn profile before applying? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a review.