The Dutchess, a collaborative venture among friends and family in Ojai, offers an all-day dining experience with Kelsey Brito overseeing the bakery, Saw Naing as the chef, and Zoe Nathan contributing to the restaurant's overall vision. The establishment transitions from a morning spot for cappuccinos and croissants to a lunch destination with sandwiches and salads. In the evening, it transforms into a vibrant locale serving drinks and Burmese-Californian flavors. Emphasizing local sourcing, the majority of ingredients come from producers within a 50-mile radius. The restaurant and bakery reflect a love letter to Ojai, born from a community-focused team led by Zoe and Josh.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Short-Term Memory: Ability to remembering recipes, customers as well as their orders.
- Cleaning Surfaces: Using certified hygiene products to clean surfaces, also ensuring that smear marks aren't shown.
- POS: Knowledge of Point-of-Sale systems and ability to handle while dealing with a customer. Delivering clear communication and upselling can be part of this.
- Multitasking: The ability to perform more than one task at the same time.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Active Listening: Listening to someone and understanding what they want, while being careful not to interrupt them as they communicate their points.