Renowned Chef Andrew Carmellini and the NoHo Hospitality Team are seeking a dedicated, passionate Line Cook to join the crew at San Morello. The Italian restaurant operates in partnership with Shinola, running the food and beverage for the world's first Shinola Hotel in Detroit.
Inspired by the spirit and piazzas of southern Italy and Sicily, San Morello is Chef Andrew Carmellini's urban Italian neighborhood restaurant in downtown Detroit serving authentic, wood-fired dishes, pizzas and homemade pastas using local, seasonal ingredients.
Skills you'll develop
- Knife Skills: Using a sharp kitchen knife to cut and prep ingredients and garnishes safely, using professional technique and speed.
- Plating: Food plating is the process of arranging and decorating food to enhance its presentation. Improving the presentation of a dish adds value to the dining experience, and provides room for a higher mark-up on your food.
- Sautéeing: Dry-heat cooking which browns the food's surface as it cooks and develops complex flavours and aromas.
- Time Management: Managing time efficiently to execute tasks within a schedule and in coordination with team members.
- Measuring Ingredients: Accurately measuring ingredients in recipes using volume, weight, dimensions and scales where needed.
- Allergens Awareness: Awareness of allergies and the importance of following procedures to avoid cross contamination.
Pay & Benefits
Pay is subject to experience. Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision benefits day of hire for full time employees, as well as a 401(k), Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Dining Discount, Zip Car Discount, and a Referral Reward Program.
San Morello, 1400 Woodward Avenue (Google Maps)
Need help building a resume? Email firstname.lastname@example.org