Founded in 1985, the Motown Museum is a historic house museum in Detroit, Michigan, purchased by Barry Gordy to house the original headquarters and recording studio of Motown Records. It is a popular tourist destination and offers a variety of tours and exhibits. The museum is also home to a number of educational programs and events.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Cash Handling: Accurately managing customer payments and change.
- Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Cultural: A sensitivity for understanding of different cultures and the importance of being flexible in communication.
Up to $17.50 per hour, max. 34 hours per week
2648 Berry Gordy Jr. Boulevard (Google Maps)