Patagonia is a Californian outdoor clothing and gear company that was founded in 1973 by Yvon Chouinard. The company is known for its commitment to sustainability and environmental activism, encouraging customers to buy less and repair their clothing instead of buying new. Two books encapsulate Patagonia's approach, Let My People Go Surfing and The Responsible Company.
Skills you'll develop
- Relationship Management: Deliver the Finisterre vision by engaging, developing and maintaining relationships with all shop visitors.
- Technical Apparel: Understand the key principles behind technical apparel design and manufacturing, with a sensitivity for emissions and processing chemistry.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Attention to Detail: Notice small details that may affect customers' experience and overall satisfaction.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
81 Park Street, BS1 (Google Maps)