Grundon is a family-owned waste management and environmental services company operating in South-East England. They specialise in waste collection, recycling, waste treatment, and disposal using their Materials Recycling Facilities (MRF) and Energy from Waste setups. As well as opearting around Reading, Heathrow and Slough, Grundon also service the Bristol area.
Skills you'll develop
- Sorting Recyclable Material: Knowing what materials are recyclable and sorting objects into their relevant streams. Cardboard, paper, aluminium cans, glass and plastic packaging are common examples of materials that are accepted by municipal waste systems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Clean, maintain and operate MRF fixed plant machinery and perform basic test programmes on machinery
- Waste & Recycling Logistics: Coordinating with waste and recycling companies to arrange collection, knowing how to notify for express collection when recyclable materials unexpectedly exceed storage amounts.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Forklift Operation: Safely use a forklift to remove pallets from raised delivery vehicle, then manoeuvre the forklift to place pallets in a floor or vertically raised position.
- £11.55-£12.30 per hour
- Shifts are four days on, four days off. 6pm to 6am
Lakeside Industrial Estate, SL3 (Google Maps)