The Hoxton is a chain of boutique hotels founded in London in 2006, now with properties in Amsterdam, Paris, Williamsburg, New York and Portland, Oregon. It offers stylish and affordable accommodation with a focus on local experiences and personalised service. Each hotel has a unique design, reflecting the local culture and history of its location, operating within the holding company, Ennismore.
Hot tip: Look out for Receptionist Supervisor and Night Receptionist vacancies (also via the button below).
Skills you'll develop
- Greeting Guests: Welcoming guests and customers in a way that makes their presence acknowledged, ready to serve their needs or queries.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Taking Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Accepting Payments: Efficiently take card or cash payments from customers in a controlled and trustworthy way, being sure to offer an optional receipt. Some contactless cards may require pin entry for different merchants, which can also be a safety check imposed by the card provider.
£13 per hour
Holborn, Shoreditch and Southwark
Need help updating your LinkedIn profile? Email firstname.lastname@example.org