The Q-Line, officially known as the M-1 Rail or the QLINE, is a streetcar line in Detroit, Michigan. It began operating in May 2017, marking the city's first streetcar line in over 60 years. The Q-Line stretches along a 3.3-mile route, connecting downtown Detroit with the Midtown and New Center areas. The project was initiated as a public-private partnership aimed at revitalizing the city's transportation infrastructure and promoting economic development along the corridor.
Skills you'll develop
- Urban Transit: Understand the dynamics of a city and how it gets around on foot, by bike, car, bus, train and tram.
- Communication: Operates communication system in accordance with radio protocols and FCC regulations
- Inspection: Performs streetcar pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with standard procedures and general orders and notices.
- Tram Regulations & Safety: Familiarity with the relevant traffic laws, regulations, and safety protocols specific to operating trams.
- Record Keeping: Understand the steps and timing for keeping accurate, organised records to log processes and share progress updates with other team members.
- Sustained Concentration: Ability to maintain a high level of concentration, dependability, reliability, and safety
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
Midtown & Downtown Detroit - you will start an shifts at either end of the QLINE.