Founded in 2014, Notpla is a London-based company that creates packaging made from seaweed. Their packaging is edible, compostable, and can be used to replace single-use plastic. Notpla has partnered with a number of companies, including Innocent Drinks and Waitrose, and have also worked with London Marathon to get their iconic biodegradable Ooho product in the hands of runners. They won £1M Earthshot Prize in 2022 and are growing their team to make their edible, compostable packaging the industry norm.
Skills you'll develop
- Monitoring Machinery: Knowing the different gauges and dials on industrial machinery and what principles to use when monitoring an ensuring the safely of the facility.
- Quality Assurance: Conducting QC or Quality Assurance tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Maintain Clean Work Area: Keeping a working area clean and tidy to ensure that items can be found and no trip hazards area created.
- Following SOPs: Designed to optimise a companies quality, safety and time and cost efficiency, Standard Operative Procedures (SOPs) create a standard way of doing things. Ensuring that each step is followed makes it easier to troubleshoot when things go wrong, and ensure compliancy is met for inspection, licensure and insurance.
- Reporting any equipment malfunctions or issues to the production supervisor
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
London, E9 (Google Maps)