Vertical hydroponic farm Planted Detroit are one of the city's most exciting urban farming operations, harnessing next generation technology to grow local, fresh produce. Located in the Islandview neighborhood on the East Side, Planted are updating the city's relationship with healthy food and building new capacity at the same time. They're hiring a part-time Farm Technician to support growing and monitoring.
Skills you'll develop
- Seeding: Knowing how to plant a variety of seed crops with attention to nutrients, water and soil type.
- Water Monitoring: Tracking water content within soils, also measuring pH level.
- Air Monitoring: Tracking temperature and humidity within an indoors facility, being careful to keep logs of changes or discrepancies.
- Harvesting: Removing a crop from soil or substrate to ensure its long-term nutrient value / shelf-life.
- Food Prep
- Cleaning Apparatus
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Working at Height: Work at height on staircases, ladders or roofs.
$15-17 per hour
1000 Mt Elliott St, Detroit (Google Maps)
Need help building a resume? Email email@example.com