Ocado Group is a British online grocery retailer and technology company. They operate their own grocery delivery service and also provide their e-commerce platform and software solutions to other retailers around the world - the Dordon facility sends out up to 200,000 orders per week to central and northern England.. They are known for their highly automated and efficient warehouse operations that use robots to pick and pack grocery orders. Internal progression is strong - there are opportunities to grow within Ocado Logistics, Engineering and beyond.
Skills you'll develop
- Time Management: The ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Loading Crates: Packaging and despatching customer orders into vans for delivery to doorstep.
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Reporting Accidents: Identifying and logging accidents and near-miss incidents in the warehouse, with the goal of reducing events in the future.
Pay & Shifts
£10.80 per hour (Nights Premium £2.25 per hour between the hours of midnight and 6am)
- Days Shift: 5x4 hour shifts - Any 5 out of 7 days - 20 hours per week
- Days Shift: 5x8 hour shifts - Any 5 out of 7 days - 40 hours per week
- Nights Shift: 5x8 hour shifts - Any 5 out of 7 nights - 40 hours per week
Ocado, Avonmouth (Google Maps)
Connect on LinkedIn to update and optimise your profile