Industry-leading hotel group Marriott Hotels are hiring housekeepers for their prime Detroit property on the Riverfront. Their room attendants maintain the highest standards, working in a high-volume building with guests coming from around the world. This physical role requires an above-average ability for bending, kneels, and strength for dragging a cart and lifting objects.
Skills you'll develop
- Punctuality: Showing up on time for your shift, ready to work behind the bar at the shift start time. Planning how to get to work and being able to navigate city transit are key factors in getting to work on time.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness, especially in high-pressure conditions or surge times of service.
- Welcoming Hotel Guests: Knowing how to greet guests in close quarters, anticipating and addressing their service needs while observing privacy and space.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock and its location within storage or a supply chain.
- Making Beds: Folding and setting single, double, and King beds to close attention to detail, following an arrangement while taking time to inspect linen for cleanliness.
- Waste Disposal: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recyling or landfill.
- Polishing Surfaces: Removing smears from walls and furnishings, including sensitive wooden surfaces and shiny metal finishes.
- Electronic Device Testing: Check appliances to make sure they're in working order with no broken elements.
- Vacuuming: Using a machine vacuum to thoroughly clean floors and remove dust.
Pay & Shifts
$16.87 per hour. Shifts run from 11am-7pm.
The Marriott Renaissance Center is located on the Riverfront (Google Maps)