Industry-leading hotel group Marriott Hotels are hiring a Recycling Coordinator for their prime Detroit property on the Riverfront. With the increasing importance of reducing waste to landfill and increasing the percentage of recycled material, hotels like Marriott are setting the maintain the highest standards in Hospitality. This physical role requires an above-average ability for standing for sustained periods and handling objects.
Skills you'll develop
- Sorting Recyclable Materials: Knowing what materials are recyclable and sorting objects into their relevant streams. Cardboard, paper, aluminium cans, glass and plastic packaging are common examples of materials that are accepted by municipal waste systems.
- Bailing Cardboard: Safely using a high-pressure bailer to compress cardboard, saving space and reducing costs while diverting voluminous waste from expensive general streams which ordinarily go to landfill.
- Waste & Recycling Logistics: Coordinating with waste and recycling companies to arrange collection, knowing how to notify for express collection when recyclable materials unexpectedly exceed storage amounts.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Identifying Trip Hazards: Trips occur when your foot strikes or collides with something unintentionally. Wet surfaces and electrical cable are examples of common hazards when you to lose your balance. They're especially dangerous when carrying loads.
- Welcoming Guests: Knowing how to greet guests in close quarters, anticipating and addressing their service needs while observing privacy and space.
- Oral Communication: Being able to communicate clearly in a busy, fast-paced environment. Ensuring orders from customers are recorded correctly and options eloquently provided to guests, then choices passed to colleagues in an efficient way.
Pay & Shifts
$19 per hour. Daytime shifts
The Marriott Renaissance Center on the Riverfront at 400 Renaissance Drive (Google Maps)
Need help with your CV? Email us