Bristol Waste Company is a municipal waste management company and Living Wage Employer covering Bristol and the surrounding area. It is responsible for collecting, processing, and disposing of household waste and recycling in to create a more circular economy in the West. The company also manages household recycling centres, provides educational programs, and works with the local community to promote waste reduction and sustainability.
Skills you'll develop
- Advanced Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 65lbs / 30kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 100lbs / 45kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Digital Literacy: Knowing how to use digital devices and remembering how to navigate between applications to find information and communicate with the team.
- Map Navigation: Using maps to understand a local area for the identification of facilities and collection points, especially following local changes to infrastructure due to construction or repairs.
£25,960 per year
Albert Road Depot, Albert Road, St Phillips, Bristol BS2 0XS (Google Maps)