Hills Waste Solutions is a waste management company that operates throughout England. They offer a range of services, including waste collection, recycling, and disposal. Hills Waste Solutions is committed to sustainability and works to reduce the environmental impact of waste.
They are hiring a Line Operative (AM) to join the team in the Material Recycling Facility (MRF).
Skills you'll develop
- Sorting Recyclable Material: Knowing what materials are recyclable and sorting objects into their relevant streams. Cardboard, paper, aluminium cans, glass and plastic packaging are common examples of materials that are accepted by municipal waste systems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Clean, maintain and operate MRF fixed plant machinery and perform basic test programmes on machinery
- Waste & Recycling Logistics: Coordinating with waste and recycling companies to arrange collection, knowing how to notify for express collection when recyclable materials unexpectedly exceed storage amounts.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
Pay & shift
- £24,059.65 per annum - 40 hours per week
- 6am to 2:30pm
Sands Farm, Calne, SN11 (Google Maps)