Bristol Waste Company is a municipal waste management company and Living Wage Employer covering Bristol and the surrounding area. It is responsible for collecting, processing, and disposing of household waste and recycling in to create a more circular economy in the West. The company also manages household recycling centres, provides educational programs, and works with the local community to promote waste reduction and sustainability.
Skills you'll develop
- Logistics & Recycling Logistics: Coordinating with waste and recycling companies to arrange collection, knowing how to notify for express collection when recyclable materials unexpectedly exceed storage amounts.
- Digital Literacy: Knowing how to use digital devices and remembering how to navigate between applications to find information and communicate with the team.
- Communication: Conveying ideas and messages to other people in a way that is clear and easy to understand.
- Vehicle Checks: Systematically making regular inspections of vehicle vitals including oil, water and battery levels.
- GPS Navigation: Ability to navigate using maps and GPS systems.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Adaptability: Can quickly and easily adjust to new conditions, teams and situations.
Pay & Shifts
- 6am to 2:18pm. or 7am to 3:18pm
Avonmouth HRRC, Kings Weston Lane, Bristol, BS11 0YS (Google Maps)