One of Detroit's most exciting brands is hiring a Kitchen Porter for its Downtown hotel on Woodward. The hotel opened in 2019 and has already developed a reputation across America, hosting some of the city's most interesting guests.
A range of restaurants including San Morello, The Brakeman, Penny Red's and Mister Dips are located on the same block as the hotel - they are hiring full-time Kitchen Porters.
Skills you'll develop
- General Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs repeatedly.
- Dishwashing: Using hot water and detergents to clean dishes, pans and crockery in a fast-paced setting.
- Manuel Dexterity: Precisely handle and manipulate small objects in close proximity.
- Food Safety & Hygiene: Awareness of different artificial and natural products and the importance of separation in storage and during cooking.
- Teamwork: Being able to work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meet your personal responsibilities within your role.
- Communication: Conveying ideas and messages to other people in a way that is clear and easy to understand.
Pay & Benefits
Hourly pay will be based on experience
Medical, dental, and vision benefits day of hire for full time employees, as well as a 401(k), Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Dining Discount, Zip Car Discount, and a Referral Reward Program
Shinola Hotel, 1400 Woodward Avenue (Google Maps)