The Store is a new boutique hotel housed in the historic 1738 Boswells department store in Oxford. Expect a unique blend of modern design and heritage features across 101 rooms. Indulge in a destination restaurant, rooftop bar, and restorative spa. Opening soon, The Store promises a labyrinth of beautifully designed spaces to explore and discover, making it a stylish addition to Oxford's vibrant scene.
The hotel opens in 2024 and is hiring hospitality staff for their kitchen, café and restaurant operations.
Skills you'll develop
- Time Management: The ability to prioritise an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Food Safety: The measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure food is fit to eat, i.e the protection of consumer health, by protecting food from anything that could cause harm.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Short-Term Memory: Ability to remembering recipes, customers as well as their orders.
- Cleaning Surfaces: Using certified hygiene products to clean surfaces, also ensuring that smear marks aren't shown.
Dependent on role
5 Broad Street (Google Maps)