JM Security Systems is a leading electronic Security Systems Company based in Birmingham. They are looking for a trainee engineer to develop into an Alarm/CCTV engineer to maintain the Intruder, CCTV, Access Control and other security systems offered by their growing business. You will be working alongside senior engineers and will also be allocated a personal mentor.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV): Firm understanding of technical aspects of alarms and CCTV systems including wiring, power supply, security protocols, networking, and troubleshooting.
- Attention to Detail: Notice small details that may affect customers' experience and overall satisfaction.
- Time Management: Managing time efficiently to execute tasks on time and co-ordinate with team members.
- Attend Call Outs: Respond to issues on the direction of a customer to troubleshoot and fix a problem on site, all in time-pressured environment.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Taking Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
National Living Wage
You will be visiting client properties with JM Security as a base. They are in B19 (location on Google Maps).