Established in 2003, Westridge Family Markets have been supporting local farmers and producers for over two decades, selling organic products and fresh produce to locals in Ojai. As well as selling long-life products, Westridge source meats and seafood, as well as daily baked goods to pair with salads, juices and coffee. The store hires associates to manage departments, as well as handle shelf stocking and tills.
Skills you'll develop
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied.
- Mitigating Hazards: Identifying trip hazards, low-lying ropes and slippery surfaced and responding to ensure that people can move safely around them.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs using safe, correct technique.
- Movement & Mobility: Ability to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
Dependant on role
131 W Ojai Ave. Ojai, CA 93023