Broken into five sections, this free course from Google and Coursera typically takes learners six months to complete. By the end of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate course, you’ll be able to succeed in an entry-level IT job by understanding how the binary system works, assembling a computer from scratch and install an operating system. You'll also use systems including Linux, Domain Name Systems and Command-Line Interface.
Skills you'll develop
- Computer Assembly: Assembling individual computer components of a computer including motherboard, processor, memory, storage devices, and peripherals.
- Wireless Networking: Setting up a system so to that devices communicate and exchange data over a wireless signal, rather than using physical cables or wires. It uses radio waves or infrared signals to transmit data between devices, such as computers, smartphones, printers, and other network-enabled devices.
- Installing Software: Install and configure software applications on a computer or other computing device. It involves understanding the software installation process, navigating installation wizards, and making decisions about configuration settings.
- Debugging: Finding and fixing errors or defects in computer software programs or systems. It involves identifying and isolating the root cause of a problem and making corrections to eliminate the issue.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Troubleshooting: Noticing changes in a machine, facility or process and taking steps to fix it on-the-fly, outside of an ordinary SOP.
Online - take in your own time
Come back to Skillhood to log completion in your Skills Wallet when you're done :)