Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit are a core part of the community, coordinating second-hand inventory for sale in retail. Their Retail Associates provide customer service by greeting customers, cashiering, answering questions and bagging purchases. Inventory management and merchandising are also part of the role - an opportunity to show attention to detail while being creative.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Teamwork: Being able to work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meet your personal responsibilities within your role.
- Oral Expression: Being able to communicate clearly in a busy, fast-paced environment. Ensuring orders from customers are recorded correctly and options eloquently provided to guests, then choices passed to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Multi-tasking: The ability to perform more than one task at the same time.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Time Management: Managing time efficiently to execute tasks on time and co-ordinate with team members.
- Handling Cash: Accurately managing customer payments and change.
Goodwill, Commerce, Michigan (Google Maps)
Need help building a resume? Email firstname.lastname@example.org