GFL Environmental is a waste management company with headquarters in Toronto, Canada. GFL operates in all provinces in Canada, and currently employs more than 8,850 people.
Laborers are responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, materials recycling facility (MRF) or landfill. The industrial work environment means that staff are exposed to loud noise, humidity, rainy/stormy, extreme hot and cold weather conditions. Navigating moving mechanical parts, vibrations, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles also requires careful consideration.
Skills you'll develop
- Fuelling: Fuelling vehicles and machines with the correct source.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine checks and fixes on equipment to be sure of safe, efficient and cost-efficient management.
- Yard Work: Perform yard work, including mowing, paining, washing and litter picking.
- Vehicle Operation: Drive water trucks, pickup trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment.
- Direct Traffic: Communicate with drivers to co-ordinate unloading and safe parking.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
- General Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 65lbs / 30kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 100lbs / 45kgs with assistance from another employee.
- General Vision: Have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay & Shifts
501 Collier Road, Pontiac, MI (Google Maps)