Pophams is a London-based bakery that specialises in creating innovative and delicious pastries, founded by Ollie Gold in 2017. With a focus on using high-quality ingredients and traditional baking techniques, Pophams offers a wide range of pastries, including their signature croissants and unique flavor combinations. They're now a favourite venue for Islington locals, with London Fields venue functioning as a restaurant.
Skills you'll develop
- Greeting Guests: Welcoming guests and customers in a way that makes their presence acknowledged, ready to serve their needs or queries.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Taking Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Accepting Payments: Efficiently take card or cash payments from customers in a controlled and trustworthy way, being sure to offer an optional receipt. Some contactless cards may require pin entry for different merchants, which can also be a safety check imposed by the card provider.
London Living Wage - £11.95 per hour
197 Richmond Road, E8 3NJ (Google Maps)