BAO is a renowned eatery in London, specialising in Taiwanese cuisine with a focus on the signature fluffy steamed buns known as "bao." Since growing out of East London in 2013, BAO are now in various neighbourhoods, serving up a variety of buns filled with flavourful ingredients such as braised pork, fried chicken, and vegetarian options. In addition to bao, they serve other Taiwanese-inspired dishes and beverages. Bao has gained popularity for its delicious and innovative approach to Taiwanese street food, providing a unique dining experience in London.
Skills you'll develop
- Greeting Guests: Welcoming guests and customers in a way that makes their presence acknowledged, ready to serve their needs or queries.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly and professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Taking Phone Calls: Communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Accepting Payments: Efficiently take card or cash payments from customers in a controlled and trustworthy way, being sure to offer an optional receipt. Some contactless cards may require pin entry for different merchants, which can also be a safety check imposed by the card provider.
Up to £14 per hour