Wiper and True is a craft brewery based in Bristol, founded in 2012 by Michael Wiper and Alastair Heath. The brewery is known for its range of interesting and innovative beers, many of which are made using unusual ingredients or brewing techniques - a variety of pale ales, IPAs, and stouts, as well as some more experimental beers such as a smoked porter and a beetroot sour. Their stunning taproom is architecturally acclaimed, demonstrating a commitment to Bristol and making a difference locally.
Wiper and True are hiring a Financial Assistant to support the Financial Controller with month-end financial reporting as well as preparing account reconciliations, accruals and prepayment analysis. Candidate must be AAT Qualified (Level 4).
Skills you'll develop
- Run Purchase Ledger: Ensure accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices with the supporting documentation for payment. Prepare payment runs. Respond to supplier queries promptly and professionally.
- Stock Accuracy: Run the monthly stock take. Review stock levels and support the Financial Controller with stock analysis.
- Payroll Management (UK): Knowledge of the rules and regulations behind payroll such as Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), and ability to run these in compliance with HMRC.
- Monitor Payments: Ensure invoices are paid according to schedule.
- Navigating Accounting Software: Experience of using Xero and ideally supporting apps such as Dext and ApprovalMax.
£25,000 per year
Old Market, Bristol, BS5 (Google Maps)