Ocado Group is a British online grocery retailer and technology company. They operate their own grocery delivery service and also provide their e-commerce platform and software solutions to other retailers around the world - the Dordon facility sends out up to 200,000 orders per week to central and northern England.. They are known for their highly automated and efficient warehouse operations that use robots to pick and pack grocery orders. Internal progression is strong there are opportunities to grow within Ocado Logistics and Engineering.
Skills you'll develop
- Time Management: The ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Troubleshooting: Noticing changes in a machine, facility or process and taking steps to fix it on-the-fly, outside of an ordinary SOP.
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Reporting Accidents: Identifying and logging accidents and near-miss incidents in the warehouse, with the goal of reducing events in the future.
Birch Coppice Business Park, Dordon (Google Maps) - connected with public transport from Nuneaton, Atherstone and Tamworth.
Don’t have a car? Ocado can offer a car share scheme and match you with shifts with someone who lives in your area so that you can travel together. You can also choose a brand new bike and accessories (up to £3k) while saving on tax and NI, with our cycle to work scheme (repayable over a 12 month period).