Founded in 1930 in Germany and now with 10,000 stores in 28 European countries, Lidl know how to do grocery retail at scale. Their 315,000 employees and €90 billion in annual revenue is thanks to an attention to detail and focus on the mid-lower end of the market. Simple, low-fuss stores don't compromise on standards, with inventory kept stocked and a merchandising system helping customers quickly find what they're looking for.
They're hiring Customer Assistants in Manchester to play a core role in store management - read employee Nemat's account of working at Lidl.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Mitigating Hazards: Identifying trip hazards, low-lying ropes and slippery surfaced and responding to ensure that people can move safely around them.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 23kg using safe, correct technique.
- Movement & Mobility: Ability to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
£11-12 per hour
Various across Manchester