Bristol Waste Company is a municipal waste management company and Living Wage Employer in the largest city in West England. It is responsible for collecting, processing, and disposing of household waste and recycling in Bristol. The company also manages household recycling centres, provides educational programs, and works with the local community to promote waste reduction and sustainability.
Skills you'll develop
- Time Management: The ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion,
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Tool Safety: Knowing how to use and transport hand tools in a safe way, especially when using them in close proximity to people.
- General Strength: You will have the physical ability to walk for up to four miles a day, lift or carry 10kgs and to push/pull a wheelie bin/barrow of up to 35kgs.
- £22,490.52 per year
- 6am - 2:30pm Monday - Thursday (39-hour week)