Founded in 1930 in Germany and now with 10,000 stores in 28 European countries, Lidl know how to do grocery retail at scale. Their 315,000 employees and €90 billion in annual revenue is thanks to an attention to detail and focus on the mid-lower end of the market. Simple, low-fuss stores don't compromise on standards, with inventory kept stocked and a merchandising system helping customers quickly find what they're looking for.
Skills you'll develop
- Attention to Detail: Notice small details that may negatively impact a customer's experience and overall satisfaction.
- Time Management: he ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 50lbs / 23kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
Various in Manchester
£11.40 per our