Trees for Life is a leading rewilding charity in the Scottish Highlands enabling the restoration of the globally unique Caledonian Forest which once covered much of Scotland. Since 2008, they have been working in Dundreggan, celebrating the opening of their Dundreggan Wilding Centre in April 2023. The property is located on 10,000-acre estate in Glenmoriston between Loch Ness and Skye.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Food Preparation: Ensuring ingredients are cut and organised to ensure efficient cooking and smooth running of service.
- Allergens Awareness: Awareness of allergies and attentiveness, following procedures to avoid cross contamination.
- Food Safety & Hygiene: The measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure food is fit to eat, i.e the protection of consumer health, by protecting food from anything that could cause harm.
- Serving Food: Delivering food in a restaurant setting. Important to keep note of Conveyor Time - the time it takes for food marked as ready to be handed over to courier.
- Dishwashing: Using hot water and detergents to clean dishes, pans and crockery in a fast-paced setting.
£10.90 per hour
Dundreggan Rewilding Centre, Inverness, Scotland (Google Maps)