Known nationally for its great deals, bulk purchasing and decent customer service, Costco is a model employer within U.S. retail. The company operates a chain of membership-only warehouse clubs, offering a wide range of products, from groceries and electronics to furniture. With a no-frills approach, efficient supply chain, and emphasis on customer satisfaction, Costco has managed to balance service with a good working environment for its staff - see Good Jobs Strategy for more.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Line Control: Controlling customer flow and backed up lines by reducing waiting time for customers.
- Maintain Clean Work Area: Keeping a working area clean and tidy to ensure that items can be found and no trip hazards area created.
- Upselling: Recommending products to customers based on what they have already purchased, ultimately helping the business' bottom line.
$18.50 per hour
2660 Park Center Dr, Simi Valley (Google Maps)