National Express is a UK-based bus service that offers travel to a wide range of destinations throughout the UK and Europe. They have a modern fleet of coaches with reclining seats, air conditioning, and onboard toilets, and have a loyalty program called the Coachcard that offers discounted travel.
They are hiring qualified bus drivers and trainee bus drivers in the Birmingham area.
- Bus Driving: Control and thorough understanding of traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- General Vision: Have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Understanding the principles of vehicle mechanics and how to make simple adjustments, fixes and fluid top-ups to get between depots.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
£13.71 per hour for trainees, £16.73 ph once qualified
Birmingham station is in the city centre