Join Michigan's coach fleet as a Bus Driver with Indian Trails - now operating since Wayne and Cora Taylor launched the company in 1910. It offers scheduled passenger services throughout the state and to nearby states, including Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. Indian Trails operates a fleet of modern coaches with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, power outlets, and reclining seats.
You'll be given six weeks of paid training, and earn PTO during your first year. Being a bus driver will require driving on holidays and working irregular schedules. Learn more about their Million Miles hall of fame, and visit their LinkedIn Page.
Skills you'll develop
- Bus Driving: Control and thorough understanding of traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- General Vision: Have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Advanced Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 65lbs / 30kg repeatedly, and manually push up to 100lbs / 45kgs with assistance from another employee.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
Various depots around Michigan - Romulus, Kalamazoo and Owosso