WatchHouse is a renowned coffee company known for its high-quality and impeccable venues, usually with a clockwork theme. They have a dozen venues in London and plans to open further afield. Their roastery in Maltby Street, Bermondsey acts as a hub for production, with local sourcing and direct relationships with farmers being priorities. Their detailed Brewing Guides are worth scanning.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
WatchHouse are a Living Wage Employer, meaning they pay more £10.90+ in Bath and £11.95 in London
Old Bond Street