Verve Coffee is a California-based specialty coffee company known for its high-quality, ethically sourced coffee beans and vibrant coffee culture. Founded in 20007 from Santa Cruz, Verve has expanded to multiple locations across California, including Los Angeles, Palo Alto San Francisco. Read the Verve blog for news, and get a flavor for the company through videos published on Vimeo.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
$16.04 per hour plus tips
Various ranging from Manhattan Beach to DTLA, West Hollywood and Arts District